Press Releases by State
Press releases are a vital source of information in and about the businesses and organizations in our hometowns as they provide information about items that may not make the evening news or often times, not even the newspaper. Does your company have something to brag about or something you'd like to inform the public about? Send it to us to post on our site.
Press Release Guidelines
- Report in the "third person".
- Try to use less than 500 words.
- Begin your press release with the words "For Immediate Release"
- Your headline should be no more than 10 words. Capitalize the first letter of all words in your headline, not all caps.
- Your first paragraph must have the physical location (City, State) and the date of the release (Month, Day, Year). It must answer the questions of Who, What, When, Why and Where in summary and written in such a manner as to hook your audience into reading further.
- Additional paragraphs should expound on the statements of the first paragraph. Use quotes from individuals, detailed facts and proper grammar and sentence structure.
- Additional information should be included such as contact information, web site addresses (no HTML), trademark acknowledgements, event timelines, logistics, corporate background information, etc.
- End your press release with "###" on a new line immediately below your last paragraph.
- DO NOT send your press release as an attachment. Type it directly into your email.
- DO NOT send us simple event announcements as press releases, please submit them under events off the main menu.